Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Learning Soniformer 2

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

The song I'm trying to master at present seems to be quite a problem child.  When I look at it in Soniformer I need to turn the Input Slope all the way to 5 in order to get close to a balanced signal.  I understand I'm looking for that smiley (upsidedown), and a few of you have suggested using the Weighting section.  However, the bass goes way out of control on A, and the balance of low and high isn't right using C or A+C, just seem most tame without anything.  I guess my questions are, if I'm looking for the "smiley" anyway, shouldn't I just set up the threshold in a upsidedown curve every time?  And... should the attack, release, and ratio then follow that same curve shape as the threshold?

As far as the above song, maybe I need to adjust the levels in the mix some more!

Thanks

Yes, you may set the threshold to 'upside down smiley'.  Check out the 'Radio Mix' preset - it's a bit steep in its curve, but you may get the idea.

It is not necessary for attack, release and threshold to follow that curve.

As for the weighting, it is not adjusting the sound - it only adjusts visuals.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.