Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Soniformer for Dummies?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey, your Soniformer product is very cool.  It makes my mixes sound great and I'm not even sure if I'm using it correctly.  I don't know much about spectral balance so I just put Soniformer onto my final stereo mix and set it to the "Radio Mix" preset.  That's all I do.  I'm not sure if that's right but it seems to widen the frequency range and yet smooth the sound out at the same time.  Big sound and smooth EQ; very cool!

Question 1: I can't find a step by step tutorial on just how to use Soniformer properly.  I'm looking for the recommended procedure for applying it to a final mix.  Can you point me to a location where this info is already in print?  I don't see it in the documentation that came with the product.

Question 2: Should Soniformer go before or after Elephant?  I've been using it before.

Thanks for being available to answer questions!  Mike

There are not 'entry level' tutorials available for Soniformer.  But Soniformer is basically a compressor - the only difference is that it has frequency-dependent settings.  So, you should probably first learn how to use a compressor and then you'll grasp the concept of Soniformer quickly.

Elephant should be used last in the chain as it suppresses signal peaks.  If you insert Soniformer after Elephant, Soniformer may create new peaks.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.