Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO Prevent Clipping or Not?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello I am also posting my question here - I did send an mail with the same topic:

If I have put a ceiling of -0,35dB on my mastered file in 48kHz and use the MIN or LIN phase algorithm....can I set the "prevent clipping" to off and be at least audible safe of distortion on my 44,1k file after R8Pro SRC ?

When I use the "prevent" clipping - my different files sometimes have been lowered and sometimes others have not - even if the ceiling from my Ozone 8 Maximizer is set to -0,35dB on all songs.

Claes

Sample rate conversion involves filters, that's why some occasional overshoots may happen.  I think distortion won't be audible if you leave the prevent clipping off.

Just curious.....woluld you/someone recommend doingthe SRC before the mastering of the material..or as I did....doing the SRC last in the chain?

True peak limiting was what I used in the Ozone 8 mastering and also did the dithering from 32bit to 16bit there....the R8Pro can also do the dithering....does tht matter in what plugin I do that you think?

Checking the 16 44,1 CD files in a CD player for traces of distortion is anyway an good advice or?

Claes

It's not necessary to do mastering after SRC, but dithering should be performed after SRC - r8brain PRO does TPDF dithering, but if you need another type of dithering you should SRC to 32-bit and apply dithering afterwards.

There won't be distortions you can trace, only occasional clipping if you SRC a peak-limited material.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.