Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space pristine space lite

Last

Next

Previous

First

My measurements showed that difference is very small, in fact, non-existant down to 24-bit resolution.  So, this 64-bit processing mode is more 'useful' for the whole mix downs than for single plug-ins.

See post below.

Dan Proctor

Proctor Productions

I do not plan to support 64-bit interface Sonar5 offers in Voxengo plug-ins, because in my opinion this does not add much.  Of course, 64-bit mixing itself is a very good option, but for Sonar5 internal mixing.

Aleksey,

I recently upgraded to Sonar 5 Producer (from S4P) and was told the "Perfect Space" is essentially a rebranded version of "Pristine Space Lite" with the interface path widned to 64 bits.

1) Is this true?

2) If yes then when will Pristine Space have a 64 bit interface?

When the Pristine Space interface is upgraded to 64 bit I believe there will be a large market of S5P users who would be interested in making the move to Pristine Space because of the additional features it provides (including me).  I don't think many S5P users would be willing to give up the 64 bit precision interface in an upgrade.

Just my 2¢,

Dan Proctor

Proctor Productions

I can't comment on Cakewalk products as I'm under NDA with Cakewalk.

Pristine Space is not going to have 64-bit interfacing as I'm not convinced it is necessary.  If PerfectSpace has this 64-bit interfacing it does not mean it sounds necessarily better.

OK,

So you can't talk about Perfect Space and it's relationship to Pristine Space, etc., I can read between the lines.  Seems like that was a bullseye shot.

I understand your position about a 64 bit interface based on what your experience tells you, obviously your experience is much broader than mine on this subject.

As far as marketing Pristine Space it seems to me that even if including the option of having a 64 bit interface only gives a subtle increased quality it would still be good "marketing" to have it as an available option.  Especially when it looks like 64 bit mixing engines will become the norm for the future.

Also, it would help me to make a decision to part with hard earned $ that I would spend on your products.

More pennies from where I sit.

Dan Proctor

Proctor Productions

Every little bit adds up ;-)
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First