Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space pristine space lite

Last

Next

Previous

First

Does Pristine space do 64bit internal precision processing?

For the most part, yes.  In fact, some of the critical parts are calculated in 64-bit resolution while others use 32-bit resolution.  In general, overall SNR is below -144 dB and this is very good for convolution processing.

I wondered because Pristine space definetly sounds better in the new Sonar 5 to my ears.More than likely its due to Sonar 5's 64bit engine.I grew curiouse as to if pristine space has always processed in 64bit and sounded this good!This would just mean the old Sonar did'nt fully reveal it's pristineness, rather than the new version 5 actually making it better.It really sounds a little better to me!

I read this on the cakewalk site : "Perfect Space is the first VST plugin (AFAIK) that supports double precision input and output.

This is important because otherwise even though internal processing may be done at 64 bit this gets converted back to 32 bit at the plugins output stage thus losing precision.  SONAR 5 will talk natively to a plugin at 64 bit resolution if it is 64 bit DP compliant, thereby avoiding such losses"

So i'm assumeing the difference before was after prestines space processing, on it's output being things got converted to 32bit made it sound like the audio has less fidelity than now.

It can be true, 64-bit interfacing may bring some 'fidelity'...  However, my tests have not revealed any significant quality improvement between 32-bit and 64-bit output - internal processing precision is much more important.

Ok thanks, i'm just trying to figure out why exactly does things sound better to me, aswell as make sure it's not just my imagination playing tricks, and verify that it is or is'nt better.

It can be true that EVERYTHING improved when Sonar5 went 64-bit internal precision.  So, it's not about 64-bit interface of a single plug-in, but about the whole digital signal path.

Thanks Aleksey! this means that my ears are still trust worthy,in this field ones ears is most important, i loose them i have nothing.

You are welcome!

Aleksey you wrote Quote:"It can be true, 64-bit interfacing may bring some 'fidelity'...  However, my tests have not revealed any significant quality improvement between 32-bit and 64-bit output"

My question is that although there is no significant quality improvement with 64 bit interfacing and 32 bit output, can the difference be heard?  Even if it's a very small difference can it be perceived?Because it seems as if i can tell a slight very small difference.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First