Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space PS 1.5 gives slowdown

Last

Next

Previous

First

Another question - can you try using the latest Pristine Space beta, but without loading any impulse file?  Does it give the same slowdown, in the same scenario?

Another request: could you please try Pristine Space Light in the same scenario? PS Light v1.2

And Analogflux Impulse plug-in from Analogflux Suite?

the latest Pristine Space beta, but without loading any impulse file?

same result - slowdown...

Pristine Space Light in the same scenario?

same result - slowdown...

And Analogflux Impulse plug-in ?

NO slowdown !

http://www.braindoc.de/english/vstEn.html

The pitch shifter causes the slowdown as well (and makes my Soundscape system crash regularly, so there is definately something wrong with this plugin)

As I have found another plugin that causes the same phenomenon, I have recontacted Soundscape support.

I would be interested to know what you discover since right now I can't tell what's wrong.  If no impulse file is loaded in Pristine Space, I cannot think of any reason that can potentially cause that 'slowdown' trouble.

There are a couple of differences between Analogflux Impulse and Pristine Space available - I may study them additionally.  Other than that they share the same code for the most part.  So, it's all really strange.

Apparantly, if I disable an option in Soundscape (which tells the soft to treat ANY level/parameter change as a mixer changes - thus enabling the save function), the slowdown goes away.

So, this parameter change monitoring works properly with older versions of PS, but not with the newer versions.

For now I have a solution (disabling this feature), but it is still not clear where (or at which side) the problem lies.

I can't say what is wrong for sure, especially if other Voxengo plug-ins seem to work in the same situation.  I'll let you know and will try to fix that if I discover something.  Thank you for your assistance!

Just a suggestion (who knows, maybe it can help):

Could it be that the latency of the plug has inadvertently been changed to another value than you are used to?

(Maybe because of a new installation of your system)

I just suggest this because the same thing happened to me after I once had to reinstall my whole system.  The default latency of PS was another than the one I used and it took me a long time to realise this as usually when updating the new PS version keep the value you have set, but a new installation is something different.

Best regards

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First