Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Program-Dependent Release Contour

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I think I've replied to that 'scale' on the release contour.  It's impossible to give any numbers under it that will make graph more clear.  I plan to rework release contour in the future major version, so there will be no misunderstanding.

Hi Aleksey,

I am not asking for numbers but for labels for each axis.  If you can draw a graph just must know what the x and y axis do represent.  So why not tell tell the users so that they understand what they are doing?  An update which addresses this shortcoming is for sure appreciated.

Well, the x axis represents time and the y axis represents gain (top is max).  But I believe this won't help you to understand the release contour.

Hi Aleksey,

thanks.  Well, I think it helps a little.  Just to make sure it did I want to sum up what I learnt from this thread:

1. x-axis represents time, y-axis represents gain.  So this can be understood as a volume envelope

2.  When I want to by-pass the program/sound-material dependent release contour, I set all parameters to 10 (= steep falling curve)

3.  When I want to have the most program/sound-material dependent release contour, I set all parameters to 0,10 (= horizontal line at top gain: 0db?)

now my assumption:

4.  The more program dependency I set the longer will the release times be (depending on some algorithm which analyzes the sound material), ie in this case the release which I set at the release knob is used as a minimum value

Did I understand something?

cheers, drjee

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.