Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Window Type in I.M.?

Hi, I'm working thru some tests to audition the way each parameter in I.M. works.

I have tried the Window Type setting as Cos2>, Blackman, and Hamming all with a Window Size of 600.

I don't see any difference when I zoom in in a wave form editor.

What should I expect?

thanks,

mike

Well, the Window type setting is very technical (which I could easily remove from user selection) - there is difference, but it's probably not worth a note for general use.  Window size is more obvious.

Thank you for the reply,

Is there any circumstance where selecting one window type creates a noticeable difference in character?

I haven't done a null test yet but it seems that a test like that is the only way to discern a difference in the files I have prepared.

I am testing all the parameters of I.M. to gain familiarity ..  I appreciate the tip about the window size.

best regards,

mike

edit spelling

Window size does change the precision of frequency-specific damping.  Window type does not really have any major significance.

Thanks for the further explanation.

I took some impulses I made in I.M. with different window types and tried a null test.  The original impulse files peaked at -3dBFS.  After the null test I found activity below 1000kHz peaking at -73dBFS but peak RMS was at -133dBFS.  I surely can not hear a difference. :-)

thanks again,

mike

Yes, that's to be expected.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.