Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Bit Depth

Hi Aleksey,

Is there any meaning to render an impulse with Bit Depth more then 16bit if Min Power is -90db or higher?

Thanks.

Personally, I don't see any *real* meaning in using bit depth > 16 bits with Impulse Modeler, almost in any situation.  This is because IM normalizes its output and that creates a pretty high overall SNR in any case.  Moreover, impulses by definition don't usually need a resolution higher than 16 bits.

FYI, higher resolution is necessary if the impulse file has a 'direct signal' spike, since this way reverb tail naturally has a lower power, and this case needs an additional resolution.

Hi Aleksey, would you consider adding an option (in a future version of IM) to include the direct spikes in the rendered impulse file, so that the amplitude and time-of-arrival directional cues are included so as to enable me to use the convolution as a fully wet insert.  I would find that useful (hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say here).

I will consider adding such option, but I think I've abandoned it already in the past (seemed like it didn't worked well).

In what way did it not function well -- theoretically it should?
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.