Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ GlissEQ and SPAN windowing ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Aleksey,

I'm wondering which windowing you're using in Gliss and more particularly SPAN.  Maybe Blackman-Harris or Hanning or something...I don't know about implementation details in DSP but an observation in SPAN (and I think Gliss) is that Peaks displayed in the spectrum (full scale) seem to overshoot the values that my peak meters read by a little.  Just a curiousity for now and I can get them to match better if I average out to 1/6 octave and play with inertia settings.  I don't know if this would be a problem if you decided to put Peak readout into SPAN later on...

Both GlissEQ and SPAN use Hanning window with 50% overlap.

Hello Aleksey,

yesterday I tried to compare some EQ Curves, to match their filters bandwith and Gain (for comparison purposes) But with the given vertical resolution of Span (and Gliss), I found it very hard to do.

e.g. a 6dB boost on a pink noise signal is not giving much viewable amplitude.

would it be possible to provide the analyzers of Span (or Gliss) with a Zoom Tool? or 2/3 different Zoom stages?

regards,

vanielik

Right now dB scale adjustments is a planned feature for SPAN, but not for GlissEQ.

<<Right now dB scale adjustments is a planned feature for SPAN>>

Great!  I'm looking forward to this release!

---------------------------------------------------

Voxengo Audio Delay:

today I worked a bit with "audio delay" .  I had to compensate some Mic distances. "Audio Delay" is a great tool for this!  Thanks, Aleksey!

Suggestion:

Could you add something like a L/R Link switch?

Regards,

vanielik

You can link the knobs by holding the ALT key.

THX!!!

-----------------

Tried the HarmoniEQ today.

The "EQ Scale" - is exactly what I'm looking for in Span!

IMO the Freq.  Scale ranges could be a little broader.

e.g. instead of 4k-32kHz I would prefer to have 1k-35kHz.

and I'm realy missing some knobs/faders.  I have the feeling, that EQing with knobs/faders is more intuitive than with a graphical display.

How about a switchable GUI - like the Sonic Timeworks EqualizerV1 ?

Regards

vanielik

In SPAN you'll be able to set Freq range more conveniently.  In HarmoniEQ I wanted to make it simpler.

I do not plan to add 'knobs' mode to HarmoniEQ right now.

Hi Aleksey, going back to Span - I have always found Span to be a bit "sluggish" compared to CurveEQ's spectral display (as if the display doesn't refresh often enough), when cpu load is fairly high.  Just thought I'd let you know.

Andrew, that was pretty intentional - I wanted to get SPAN to put as little CPU load as possible.  So, it fully depends on the graphics system of the host, it is not driven by the incoming audio.

But I believe it should be very smooth if CPU load is not high.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First