Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Spectrum display: Y scale off by factor 2?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I'm recently doing a lot with GlissEQ (which is meant as a compliment! :), including some rather "technical" stuff (sorry, I have a strongly technical background).  Recently, I pushed white noise through GlissEQ, and while that displays correctly as a flat line when "Slope" is set to 0.0, it seems that when I apply EQ (no matter if I use GlissEQ itself or a different EQ), the spectrum display is off by a factor of 2.  For example, if I apply a peaking filter at 1 kHz with 18 dB gain, the graph will only show 9 dB:

http://pub.instinctive.de/glisseq.jpg

A different spectrum analyser correctly shows an 18 dB peak.

Well, "factor of 2" is of course wrong -- the dB scale on the left is off by a factor of 2, actually.

You are right - spectrum does not follow dB scale on the left. dB scale on the left is for the equalizer.  Spectrum display is meant to be adjusted visually - there is little need for exact dB values.

Not True, it would be very useful.  I use that spectrum disply all the time for testing gear, i run pink noise through the gear then into the gliss eq to see what the gear does to the pink noise, db scale would be very helpful.

I should also mention i cannot use Span for this because it does not have the import export feature, that would be really nice to have in that plug btw.

I think both these features will be implemented in the future major update.

This is why we love you :)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.