Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Lots of crunching when visualizing

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Thanks for your support, and I hope this stuttering problem can be fixed somehow..  I just do not see how I can fix it from plug-in's side.

Still not had a chance to check it as i'm away at the moment but could this be to do with the fft display on span, curve and gliss eq and running nuendo on low latency i.e.  3ms?  I will check as soon as possible whether this happens at higher latencies or at low latencies with a lower resolution fft display setting.

I am no expert thou, its just a hunch, I know that high resolution fft needs time for the "windows" to find the frequencies.

Hope you get it sorted I love the span, the sloping feature is killer for getting a real idea of your frequencies compared to the response of the ear : ) any chance of getting "F" weighting (munsen and fletcher style) : )

Well, it may be related to FFT, especially if the block size you are using for FFT is high, and audio card latency is low.  Large FFT block size produces CPU load "bursts" which of course generate "glitches".

More weighting curves may be added in the future plug-in updates.

The other thing I seem to recall (can't be a hundred percent thou) is that the glitches do not output via the span plug in, cant remember if the are visible at all.

This will be my last post since as I don't have access to my rig again yet, this is all speculation and probably not that helpful!  LOL : )

will report back when I have some real results.

Hello!

Sorry it took so long to getting round to testing this but I've had a look at my glitch problem today and these are the results.

when in Nuendo at a buffer of 256 if the voxengo span's GUI is open and visible it causes audible glitches, these glitches happen regardless of whether the track with the Span on it is muted or not.

The glitches are more frequent at lower buffer settings but do not seem to occur at 512 and above.

I have tried this with a demo of the "nu-gen visualizer" and this seems to cause glitches too but with a much lower repeat rate.

The glitches do not show up on the master outs either and sound like drop outs and these drop outs have a lowish frequency to them.

It could be related to my lynx card (L22) because if I open another programs GUI up at the same time as "span" is open I sometimes get a "motorboat" type sound which has been mentioned a few times on the lynx forums and sonar forums.

The glitches do not show up on the lynx meters either although since it sounds more like a quick drop out not sure if it would show up on the meters anyway.

It could also be graphics card related as I am running two graphics cards on the PCI express bus (the lynx is standard PCI if that helps) and one of those cards is ashamedly a "gaming card" : (

Anyway, I am now not sure if it is your GUI interface or just some bug related to the lynx or the graphics card and FFT Analysers but if you have come across this yet and know the cause of it any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

From your description it is looking more like this happens in your specific situation - nobody usually reports similar problems, otherwise I would have fixed them already.  Hardware drivers is also a part of the equation, unfortunately.

BTW, could you try the lastest Crunchessor or VariSaturator plug-in demos?  They implement the graphics in another manner - so they may be working a bit better.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First