Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ avoid Gliss EQ on Basses ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Привет,

currently I am trying different EQs to determine which best fits my needs for both workflow and sound.

Currently I'm in love with your GlissEQ because I can overlay spectrums from other instances of the plugin, and that's extremely helpful to place instruments in the mix.

But:

I learned that due to it's feature of dynamically adapting filter gain, the GlissEQ can not be phase linearized without tremendous CPU load (really still a problem with Dual Cores soon to be Quads ?)

I fear to go for Gliss now, because isn't it true that especially at low frequencies I think one should be as phase linear as possible ?

So should I better also get CurveEQ for the basses only (which unfortunatley lacks the nice spectrum overlay feature of Gliss) ?

I must admit I'm not very familiar with the Dyn button right now and oftenly set it to 0 (zero) to work with the EQ as I'm used to from other EQs.

Is the GlissEQ (more) phase linear when setting dyn to 0 (zero) ?

Спасибо,

Gerry

GlissEQ has no phase-linear mode at all.  You may try CurveEQ for that.

However, I doubt you really need phase-linear filters for bass frequencies.  You may just try using wider bell shapes.  Steep filter changes in the lower frequencies may indeed sound a bit boxy.

Thanks I will go and listen to the CurveEQ,

though I find the GlissEQ more convenient to handle and his spectrum overlay is a killer feature.

Regards

Gerry

Or you may boost the exact frequency you want a little bit and add two even lesser boosts either side of that.

Say you want a boost of 4dB at 150Hz, then boost 2 at 150 and then 1 at 100 and 1 at 200 or something similar.

This is a not so known mastering EQ technique, but it doesn't harm if you use it at the mixing stage, as well!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.