Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Some thoughts on GlissEQ

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

hey Aleksey, I've been using this EQ for many months and love it.  I have some ideas which I think could improve it and some questions to ask too...

1) I would love to see 6db/12db/24db/48db highpass and lowpass filters.

2) I dislike the way the normal bell filter behaves in Normal quality mode, when moving upto 20 khz, the entire response completely changes and Q gets wider and wider until just before 20 khz, the entire frequency range is being boosted.  In all other EQs i have tried (which are not upsampled), this doesn't happen, GEQ, Sonalksis, PSP .etc I have found that the alternative Bell filter is much better in this respect, maybe there should be an option to use it as a default bell filter when scrolling through filters with the right click on the mouse ?  Is there any way to improve the default bell filter so it doesn't behave the way it does in the high frequency ranges.

3) I dislike how (in Normal Mode), at 20khz, bell filters don't do anything ... might I suggest that if this is the case, the frequency knob should be limited to 19.9 kHZ

4) When using very high Dyn values, I am finding the release time far too long with Mode 1.  Is there a way to get shorter release times on the dynamic beahviour ?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on these ideas, these are simply my observations in comparison to other EQs which I use.

Thanks a lot and keep up the awesome work.

Fots

I'll surely implement switchable filter steepness in the next GlissEQ release.

As for the filter distortion near 20 kHz in Normal mode, this will be also fixed.  I have the necessary filter code already which draws fine curves on any frequency.  Of course, @20kHz 'off' behavior will be removed as well.

Dyn modes is a bit difficult thing to make it fully user-controllable.  At some settings it may become unstable, so I can't simply add a control for it.  But since I plan to rework dynamic behavior technique used in GlissEQ, it is possible I'll be able to offer at least some kind of additional control.

And by the way, release time does not change with the Dyn setting.  It is just the whole dynamic behavior changes a bit.  Simply use a lower Dyn setting or another Dyn mode if something works in an undesired fashion.

Aleksey, as always, thank you so much !!  I can't wait until the next version of GlissEQ, it sounds like I may be able to switch to using it for everything if you can add those features.

As for the Dyn behaviour, I do exactly what you mention, use values of about 4 - 5 and it sounds truly remarkable, better than any EQ I've heard when boosting especially.

Please keep up the great work :D

Fots

just like to say feel similarly about point 2 esp, and also a 36 or 48db high/low pass filter would be nice, save having to place 2 24db on top of one another.

thanks.

OK, thanks for your message.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.