Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Gliss EQ + Limiter

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Because of the actual christmas promotion I took a look into the Gliss EQ.

At first my opinion was, that it may be a nice EQ with lovely optics and FFT signal section, but every single alteration that made a song sounding better lead to 0dBFS overshots.  When compensating that with reduced output level I usually liked the original more than the processed file.

Then I tried to put a limiter behind the Gliss EQ, which made one of the best combinations I heard for a long time.  You should definately test Gliss EQ with the Voxengo Elephant or another non-colouring limiter you may like (if you don´t have the Elephant try the Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter, it formed a good couple with the EQ as well) .

With this packages one can easily boost whole frequency bands with very low compression effects, or other nasty side artifacts that usually make a track sound lounder, but reduce its audio quality because of overcompression and "no air to breath"-effects.

Greetings

tmm

Thanks for the message.  I guess that was a testimonial?

Yes, it is ;)

A good way to start is the American Heavy Sound preset from Gliss EQ with High Quality switched on, combined with EL2 mode of the Elephant, Limiting Speed slow, Stereo Link 80%.

Then boost the frequency gains at your own taste.  Often it sounds most musical with wider bandwidths.

Finding good parameters usually isn´t that difficult.

Greetz

tmm

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.