Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2019 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins SPAN UI is extremely sluggish in Ableton Live on iMac Pro running macOS Mojave

Please expect the update - hopefully I'll release it in December, mustgroove already tried a beta version which runs smoothly.  It's indeed an issue with Mojave - probably due to its poor support of older API - multi-threading or older Cocoa.

The fix may be due to us moving to Retina which does not need realtime UI rescaling.

Oh, that's awesome.

In the meantime, I spent 2 hours of hell with mac recovery :D I had this glorious idea to use internet recovery to install Sierra.  I almost ended up with unbootable iMac but I somewhat managed to do it so I am now running Sierra and verified that SPAN runs smooth as expected.

I strongly recommend to NOT do what I did... don't get back to Sierra from Mojave because their file system change between these versions makes this really painful.

Looking forward to SPAN update in December.  Thank you for caring!

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.