Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Marvel EQ - problem loading here [RESOLVED by v1.1]

Last

Next

Previous

First

This Marvel GEQ release does not explicitly use SSE code, so I'm not sure what is going on with your setup.  On the other hand, Voxengo plug-ins now use Intel IPP library for FFT - it's possible they have some additional requirements, but nothing is stated in their docs, their code is supposed to be generic.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm not keen on recoloring the group selector.  As for the Edit group's underlay setting storing, this does not seem to be very important as well.

macho: finally and i have (c) complain: reset works globally and i need only current edit group! how to be?

Per-group reset will be added in the future update.

thanks great!

Aleksey Vaneev: This Marvel GEQ release does not explicitly use SSE code, so I'm not sure what is going on with your setup.  On the other hand, Voxengo plug-ins now use Intel IPP library for FFT - it's possible they have some additional requirements, but nothing is stated in their docs, their code is supposed to be generic.

Thank you for that info.  I found this thread: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=79476 which says that the latest IPP (v7.0?) does need SSE2.  IPP6.1 would be OK.

Or, looking at the "Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives for Windows* OS – User’s Guide", pages 39/40, different levels of optimisation can be used in the code, e.g. "v8" for SSE3 or "px" for IA-32 (such as the Athlon XP, I think).  It looks like the processor type could be discovered by the code, then the appropriate library code could be invoked. (But it's years since I have done any programming.)

HTH

Aleksey Vaneev: Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm not keen on recoloring the group selector.  As for the Edit group's underlay setting storing, this does not seem to be very important as well.

Understood, they are only suggestions after all.

:)

-----------------------------

...  Interesting, if true.

IPP has a kind of "auto setup" - so it should work on generic IA-32 architectures.  I'll investigate a possible solution to this problem.

Many thanks - let me know if you want a beta tester.

:)

I've found a way to debug this issue - on AMD Geode mini-PC running Windows XP Home.  Had to revert to IPP 6.1.6.  It's a bit performance-limiting switch, though.  I will probably switch to IPP 7 again in Q3 or Q4 2011.  Even the latest Intel C++ Compiler XE 12 generates SSE2 code by default.

I suggest you to upgrade your system.  Pentium 3 and AMD Athlon XP are way outdated.

Thank you Aleksey, Marvel EQ v1.1 works fine on my old Athlon XP PC. :)

Thanks for letting me know!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First