Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Most excellent Voxengo Overtone GEQ & Mackie

I discovered the Voxengo Overtone GEQ plugin a few weeks ago.  Absolutely fantastic!  I've been using it on stem mixes (vocals and non-vocals stems) and on the final mix.  It allows me to really punch up and balance my mixes without harshness, something I had trouble doing before.  I can't believe you offer it for free.

I've never used mid-side EQ before and it's a revelation.  Now I understand what folks are talking about.

Some feedback on using Overtone GEQ with a Mackie Control Universal and Logic 8.  The soft EQ1 and EQ2 faders map in alternating sequence to the hard faders on the MCU.  So they map as EQ1A, EQ2A, EQ1B, EQ2B, etc.  This means even though I have 8 hard faders, I cannot control all 7 EQ1 soft faders in one bank.  I can only control 1/2 of EQ1 and 1/2 of EQ2 in each bank.

Is there any way to re-map the assignments so they are EQ1A-EQ1G followed by EQ2A-EQ2G?  I could not find this in either manual.

thanks,

..ant

anthony123: Is there any way to re-map the assignments so they are EQ1A-EQ1G followed by EQ2A-EQ2G?  I could not find this in either manual.

Well, I can adjust this aspect in the plug-in, but it's pretty strange you can't perform reassignment in the host application.

Thank you.  I'll look into how to re-map in Logic.  I hope to find a way to map just this one plugin, as the others are mapped well.  I'll let you know.  Not sure if the default mapping is good for other control surfaces, but thought you should know it's very non-intuitive for the MCU by default.

BTW, I tested Elephant last night.  Wow, it's great so far!  Need to test a few more songs and other environments, but it looks like it will finally give me the ability (combined with Overtone) to get to a commercial quality level and sound quality -- at least as far as my ears can take me and tell me.  These two are a major improvement over Logic's default EQ's and Adaptive Limiter, which are all I've been using so far (been on Logic just a few months).

Any plans for Warmifier in AU?

..ant

Warmifier will be released in AudioUnit format as well - but quite a bit later.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.