Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant and what for TV comercials/promos?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I do audio post for a television station on a Nuendo workstaion.  I want to buy Elephant for the mix bus (and mastering).  What I'm wondering is if there is an eq (or other plugin) that you would suggest to compliment this limiter.  I'm looking at trying get maximum gain and frequency balance to match up to the network spots and promos as closely as possible.  I know what everyone is thinking...Oh great, another overly loud television comercial!!  While I agree with you, I still have to compete with the rest of the spots.

I've been playing with the demos of CurveEQ, Soniformer, and GlissEQ in conjuntion with the Elephant, and so far I like the CurveEQ and Elephant combo.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

If your material is already compressed right, CurveEQ and Elephant is a good combination - with CurveEQ inserted before Elephant you can get a 'louder' sound by boosting some 'louder' frequencies.

Thanks Aleksey,

Yea, I have no problem with the channel compression.  I'm just looking for a good mix bus limiter, and the Elephant seems to handle "hard" limiting much better than the included plugins.  The louder 3-5k frequencies I will push slightly for the voice over tracks (depending on the voice and material), but I'm always aware of how things can become harsh if these 'louder' frequencies are pushed too hard, and especially if the entire mix is given this boost.  This is why I asked the question about mix bus/master eq.  Multiband compression is also something I sometimes use, but once again, it depends upon the type of spot and other variables.

Thanks again,

Chris

You are welcome!

I'd also highly recommend harmoniEQ, which you'd have in the chain before curveEQ and elephant.

best

Markus

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.