Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant M/S encoder/decoder

Last

Next

Previous

First

Sorry, but this does not fit its purpose.  For experimental stuff you could try something like energyXT, mid/side plug-in and two instances of Elephant.

I know.  But why wasting resources if you just could enable this function in Elephant?

If you don't implement it please hide at least all routing presets which contain MS pairs.

At the moment my Mid-Side routing preset doesn't work as expected in Elephant.  This can be seen as a bug.  Hope you can at least "fix" this to avoid confusion ...

Simply delete those routing presets - it's easy to do.

Well, of course if you delete them they won't be available in other plug-ins which support mid/side processing.  But as I replied before, you can't have two things: global routing presets (which is very convenient) and presets that work for some plug-ins only.

You can't check the global routing presets for any enabled MS pairs to hide these presets from non-M/S-plugins?  Why not?

It's not as straight-forward easy to implement as you think it is.  This requires redesign, so even if I ever get to implementing this check, it won't happen anywhere soon.  Thanks.

Ok.  Just keep it in mind ...

Aleksey Vaneev: Because it's impossible to keep its brick-wall performance - you will have to adjust levels on both mid and side channels.  Another reason is that it's pretty much useless to perform limiting on mid and side separately other than for some effect reasons.

One example for Mid/Side Limiter for Sonic Core DSP systems:

http://www.sonic-core.net/de/products/digitalaudiosoft.html

http://www.sonic-core.net/images/das-brickmaster-big.jpg

I have another take on that and so I do not want to persuade "mid/side" brickwall limiting topic.  It's just does not sound right to me.  I've released Polysquasher recently which is able to perform mid/side compression.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First