Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant V3 Problems / Clip Mode- DC Offset

Last

Next

Previous

First

After mastering some tracks (works in progress using v3 in place of 2.7, Ozone, L2 etc.. clip mode set at -0.2 / 4x) I've had problems.  It isn't brickwalling & for the most part peaks are at 0.0 but I've had it clip a few times also. ( PC / Sonar 6 )

Also I notice that when I bounce a master there's a waveform at the beginning of the wav, looks like a D.C. offset waveform, very pronounced when using either the D.C. filter on or off. (This in occurred in all setting except for 8x oversampling )

Again this only happens using the new version, a possible bug or glitch?

thanks

Clip mode is not brickwall, and never was, including in v2.7 - you have to decrease volume even more.  However, I plan to work on oversampling in the future update, to decrease overshooting in clip mode.

Please make sure your tracks start at zero volume - otherwise this initial "glitch" is unavoidable.  There should be no glitch if your track starts with silence.  If you are sure your track starts with silence, let me know - I may be able to fix this as well.

Thanks for issue report!

I've never had any overshooting or clipping problems using the previous version set at -0.02.

Also, my tracks always start at 0.  I also insert silence ahead of the track as well to allow for Pristine Space's reverb, this is some type of a waveform being bounced in tho the file from Elephant V3.  This has never happened before using any plug-in..(also I bounced another at track using 8X & this occurred now too.)

Thanks

OK, I'm sorry for the issue - I will fix it.

Thanks, I appreciate the response & customer support.

Carlman,

What host are you using, sample rate in host and what settings in Elephant, I'll see if I can recreate the DC offset bug here.  I only noticed once on a mixdown that the start of the waveform appeared squashed a bit, but haven't been able to reproduce it since.  I tend to just use the EL-Uni mode though, is this under a different setting?

I was able to detect and fix the "DC offsetting" problem - you may expect a fix in the next update.  Hopefully, this issue does not stop you from using Elephant right now.

Arksun: Carlman,

Arksun: What host are you using, sample rate in host and what settings in Elephant, I'll see if I can recreate the DC offset bug here.  I only noticed once on a mixdown that the start of the waveform appeared squashed a bit, but haven't been able to reproduce it since.  I tend to just use the EL-Uni mode though, is this under a different setting?

Aleksey detected the problem but just in case: Sonar P6, 24/44.  Elephant V3: basic clip mode, 4x-8x , +6 in, -0.02 out

other plug-ins in chain: Waves RComp / Vox.Curve EQ / Maxx Bass

carlman, on further testing I do not see a problem with the Clip mode - when oversampling enabled it does overshoot, and did that even in Elephant2 - you may try it yourself.  You have to lower to -0.5dB at least to make overshooting minimal - but it will overshoot anyway.  Note, however, that this overshooting is very small.

You are probably referring to clip count within plug-in.  Unfortunately, Elephant2 counted internal clipping only, before downsampling was performed - that is why it could not detect overshoots.  I'm sorry for this misinformation of Elephant2.

Thanks,

as far your statement that clip mode isn't brickwalled maybe I don't understand the plug.  I just tried again, this time I cranked the in gain on V3 to +10 in to get it to really clip, then I inserted v2.7 after it with the the gain in +6.0 in, (a total of +16 in!)

V2.7 stopped the signal from going over -0.02 (last in chain, +16 in, BOTH versions on) V3 doesn't stop the signal by itself & with only +6.0 & set to -0.02 ( goes to 0 or clips)

This is what I meant by brickwalling..v2.7 does but V3 doesn't , right?

Thanks

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First