Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant 3 question

I loved the Elephant 2.7 and used it with many applications.  If I upgrade to the new Elephant 3.0 will my 2.7 version disappear in all these applications or will the 3.0 appear as the VST in all of the Applications (hundreds) ?

Another concern is if the 3.0 completely replaces the 2.7 version will the sonic qualities change?  Just from the change of VST effects?

How about CPU usage will the 3.0 change the CPU usage?  Increase or Decrease?

Thanks

Jeff

Windows XP SP2 Cubase SX3.1 software

No, your v2.7 won't disappear nor change its sound - v3 is a different plug-in file.  After upgrading you will also be able to use v2.7.

CPU usage of v3 is higher - mainly due to Release stage.

Is this the same as an auto-release then?

Tarekith, no it is not some kind of auto-release, it is a normal release control which you can use to fine-tune dynamic response of the limiter.

Sorry, I meant if I turn release off, how does that affect how the limiter functions, is the release instantaneous?

Tarekith: Sorry, I meant if I turn release off, how does that affect how the limiter functions, is the release instantaneous?

Yes, release becomes very quick.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.