Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant vs Crysonic Spectraphy

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

What can you say about this limiter?

I guess I do not have to answer since I'm an 'interested party'.  I suggest you to ask this question on a wider audience forum - for example, KVR Audio effects forum.

The SpectraPhy is not bad - but I think that the Elephant is much more pure in terms of it's treatment of the sound source.  SpectraPhy imparts some funny harmonics that may or may not work for all mixes, and a careful comparison at like RMS levels will reveal Elephant to be the better sounding plug-in.

SpectraPhy might sound like a short-cut for bad mixes - but it is better to re-work the mix and then use Elephant.

personally I think the crysonic stuff is junk with lashings of snake oil.

nasty, harsh, and with alot of crunchy excitement going on.  It might sound energetic and nice to untrained ears but I certainly wouldn't ever use them,- not at any price.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.