Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Problem on Tracktion 3 master buss

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi there

I've found I have a problem when using Elephant on the master buss in Tracktion 3.  I've done quite a bit of testing to isolate this.  I can 100% reproduce it even in simple projects with one or two tracks.

When I have Elephant on the master buss, and I route at least one track to a different physical output on my soundcard, the system continually stutters until I ctrl-alt-del and cancel the Tracktion task.

* This doesn't happen with other plugins on the master buss.

* It doesn't happen in Tracktion 2 with Elephant.

* I notice that the my system disk access light goes crazy during this stuttering (even if I'm using an external audio drive).

My system is:

Win XP SP2 (a very basic clean install)

IBM R52 Thinkpad

Tracktion 3

Motu Traveller soundcard (driver 3.6.7.3)

Are there any other Tracktion 3 users here that can reproduce this ?

Aleksey, have you managed to test in T3 ?

Thanks

Simon

I think this may be related to latency of Elephant plug-in.  If GlissEQ works in such situation then it is very likely to be a problem with Tracktion's engine and its dealing with plug-ins that have processing latency.

Hi Aleksey

Yes you are right.  Sorry to hang this bug on Voxengo.  I don't have many plugins that add latency so thats why I thought it was Elephant only causing it.  I dug out some others and all plugs with significant latency sent the T3 master buss into weirdness.  I'll post a BR on the T3 forum.

Thanks

Simon

OK, thanks for confirming this.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.