Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant EL3 mode vs. EL2

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Greetings,

Would it be correct to state that the EL3 default setting has a more "open" sound" than the EL2 mode?  They are both good, but for some reason the EL3 seems a bit smoother on highs in its default setting.

Also, would you recommend EL3 for a modern, clean mastering sound?

EL3 mainly differs in the area of release - it is adjustable.  EL-2 is more of 'automatic' nature.  It's hard to tell what's best.  You could simply dial-in the required gain boost, and then switch between the two to hear what's best for the song.

Okay, thanks.  EL3 seems to have a nice open sound for this piece I am working on.

You are welcome!

Much prefer the EL2 as it handles dynamics much better.  No matter how much I tweak the attack and release, I always find the EL2 seems to follow the natural dynamics of the piece whereas EL3 can cause things to pump in an iffy way.

Thanks for your response.

Hey Aleksey,

Thought about introducing a new mode to Elephant, a kind of 'almost clipping' mode, which really retains a nice instant snap to transients, but without actually being full on clipping?.

ie.  Kinda like the intelligent mode in the Ozone3 limiter with its intelligent slider set to 1.6 or less, or like the Sony Oxford Limiter does?

That combined with its oversampling would really rock!

I'll get to that later.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.