Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Plugin Idea: Elephants = (Multi Band Elephant)?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

i love Elephant, it does a really great job!

I'm wondering if it would make sense to make a multiband version of Elephant, for e.g.  5 bands where each band/range is processed with its own settings (for e.g just limit the lower frequencies harder than the higher frequencies).

All the best,

Ramon

In my opinion, this does not worth it.  I've already performed various multi-band mode tests and I have concluded that this does not add much to the overall transparency.

I've never used Waves L3 but this is where i got the initial idea from.

I guess the best way to get then a 'multiband' effect is to insert an Equalizer before Elephant, where you need to boost (or lower) Frequencies in the Equalizer and let Elephant limit the overall sound?

Indeed, equalizer may help you to get even louder sound.

it would be used not as the final limiter, but near the end. where i want to brickwall the low freq normally, (other tools usually ok for highs)

not much GR, and just the attack of previous compressors has let through

soniformer or a waves LINMB are not good at this stage cos not zero attack or shapes like i get in elephant

i would like just 2 band split, with the crossover adjustable.

i don't want the equaliser suggestion, because i only want the target area hit

I understand your idea, but still I'm a bit against the multi-band limiter.  Beside that, for it to work in brickwall mode, multi-band limiter still has to 'listen' to the overall signal.  What you can really adjust are attack/release time of each band.  From my testing, this does not sound any much better than a single-band brickwall limiting.

You could use Soniformer at minimal attack and release settings.  I think this should deliver the necessary limiting.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.