Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     Elephant PRMS decay time(s)?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey - would you consider some user control over the PRMS decay.  Right now I believe the decay is never (can be reset with mouse click)...sometimes I'd like it to follow RMS indicator a little closer - maybe 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, and never would be good as possible options.  Thanks for considering this - Kyle

I understand your concern here.  However, I'm not sure how more 'real-time' meters can be useful in mastering limiter.  The reason PRMS never decays is because it is necessary to estimate the overall Max RMS you have in the whole or in some part of the song.  Decaying it may not be useful.  When you are processing an area of interest, you may always reset it.

RMS indicator works in the same manner - it averages signal power.  You have to reset it as well for every new area of interest.

Let me know if you have other thoughts on this.

Yes I see what you mean Aleksey.  I've been working this out some more over the past few days.

All I'm really trying to do is keep a -14db rms average and ensure the prms stays around +6db above that .  For a while I thought I wanted to see some dynamic values for prms - but I think you're right, all I'm interested in is the maximal prms value to make sure I have the 6db rms headroom I'm after.

Thanks for helping me work this out! -Kyle

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.