Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant for protection

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Can I use Elephant also as protection for my monitors and ears?

I mean protection against loud sounds when certain other plugs start to scream?

What I am looking for is a setting that will stop these loud noises, but for the rest keep the signal as clean as possible.

So it's not for mastering, but really for protection during playing/experimenting.

Thanks for any advice.

Bas

Yes, Elephant can be used for this kind of task.  Make sure Oversampling is Off - this way no additional processing other than peak suppression happens.

Thanks a million Aleksey!

Regards,

Bas

You are welcome!

Yes - I'm using an instance of Elephant on the master buss for protection also (hehe) sometimes an unexpected setting on a plugin will cause it to oscillate or howl or otherwise peak out.

Even though a 24 bit DAC will clip at 0dbFS my ears tell me there is that little point in time where either the DAC or the power amp for the speakers really really tries to fulfill that +350db request (I'm not kidding!) for a few millisecs or so - long enough for you to call it a day - or ship the speakers in for repair...Elephant Good!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.