Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Using Curve At Sampling Rates > 48Khz

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I see that CurveEQ is optimized (or words to that affect) for sample rates of 44.1Khz and 48Khz.  However what happens to frequencies higher than 24Khz if I am working at 96Khz?  Will the simply be discarded?

Is this because the impulse files used to replicate the vintage gear were sampled at 48Khz?  Also, why were all the impulse files used in these plugins (Curve, Analogflux etc.) sampled at such 'low' frequencies?  For efficiency?  I don't know of many professional studios operating at less than 96Khz...

4 years back 44.1k was OK.  Of course, now I will be designing plug-ins with higher sample rate support.  On the other hand, impulses cannot be magically converted into 96kHz if they are at 44.1kHz.  So, it is not only about sample rate support, but is also about impulses.  If you are not using 'gear' impulses you won't have any problems with high freq rejection.  At the same time almost no 'real world' impulses have any response above 22kHz.  Analog audio equipment is usually designed to be flat between 20-20kHz.

Ah, that's good to know.  I have a lot of impulses at 44.1 and was a little worried about quality.

Thanks for the info Aleksey

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.