Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ CurveEQ freezes songs in Sonar 6 with multiprocessor engine enabled

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

pretty much says it all.

Disabling the mulitprocessor engine fixes that.

Not sure if its a bug in Curve or Sonar.

Can you reproduce this bug having a project with very low CPU load?

tycyphy: pretty much says it all.

tycyphy: Disabling the mulitprocessor engine fixes that.

tycyphy: Not sure if its a bug in Curve or Sonar.

Do you have all the latest patches ? (6.2.1)

Need more detailed info

Sorry I never got back on this.

Yes I can reproduce this with very low cpu load.

Yes I have latest sonar patch.

pentium 3.2 hyperthreading CPU

2.g ram

gigabyte mother board

emu 404 sound card.

XP PRO sp2

hyperthreading on or off ?

latest emu 404 drivers

my bet is with the EMU, ?

on my computer hyperthread is on.

in sonar I have to turn off the hyper threading engine to get voxengo to work without freezing the song. not crippling but kinda annoying.

I was hoping that the new update this week fixed that but it does not.

oh well....the eq still is amazing.

Do you mean hyper-threading, or multi-processing?  Because I was testing the latest CurveEQ in multi-processing mode of Sonar and it is working fine.

BTW, hyper-threading does not increase overall performance that much to my knowledge, and it does not work well everywhere.  True dual-core processing is a different story, and CurveEQ should be working fine on a true dual-core processor.

Aleksey,

actually in my setup hyperthreading works great.  Case in point rendering is faster and using mulitple pluggins with it enabled does seem to keep the cpu from spiking.....and drop outs....at least compared to having it disabled in sonar.

by the way I have hundreds of pluggins and voxengo and soundsoap are the only ones being wierd with hyperthreading...hmm..

I guess only CurveEQ works weird, or all Voxengo plug-ins you've tried?
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.