Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ CurveEQ - Match freqencies from a CD track ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

Could you please confirm whether Curve EQ allows you to match a frequency profile from a CD track, or can it work only with WAV files held on the hard drive ?

Thanks!

Since CurveEQ is a plug-in, it can work with signal your audio application can feed into it.  It if can feed CD audio directly, CurveEQ will handle it as well.

Ok, so I would have to import a CD track into my Sequencer (Tracktion), and then run Curve EQ as a plug-in on this track to read the frequencies from it ?

I am looking for a EQ to use on my Master Buss being a big fan of your plugs and owning full versions of Elephant and AnalogFlux, I want to go for a Voxengo plug-in but I confess I can't decide between CurveEQ, GlissEQ and HarmoniEQ !

I mainly want the EQ to add some air to the top end of my mixes.

Sure, you'll need to import CD track into Tracktion then.

CurveEQ should be fine for mastering.  However, if you like parametric filters better you may go for GlissEQ.  HarmoniEQ is OK too, but it is an equalizer of taste - I've used a bit 'strange' approach in it which does not always sound great (on the other hand HarmoniEQ also features neutral EQ modes - which always sound OK).

Thanks for the pointers Aleksey, I'll download the 3 demos this evening and see which one will be best for me to buy.

Thanks!

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.