Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ CurveEQ latency in FLS

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi

I've just been testing out CurveEQ and Elephant in FLS.  I've read a bit about latency issues with CurveEQ, but someone told me it shouldn't be a problem if it's just sitting on the master bus of FLS.  Why is this?

Can someone give me a quick explanation of the latency associated with CurveEQ?

thanks

mark

I guess, there should be no problems with latency in FLS.

Latency problems are usually manifested when you hear some track to be later than the others.  If everything is under control then there are probably no latency related problems.

Thanks.  I've only tried using it on the Master bus.  I'll play around a bit more and see if there are problems.

thanks

Tried using CurveEQ on a couple of guitar tracks.  When used in real time recording I find the latency unacceptable.  I have to record the tracks without activating the CurveyEQ and then freeze the tracks in Sonar to release the resources used by this EQ.

Love the CurveEQ though, but was a little taken back by the extreme latency it cause.  I use a pretty quck Anthon 64 4000+ processor so I was a little surprised.

db

This latency is unavoidable, unfortunately.

I was wondering .... why no or no noticeable latency when I put CurveEQ on the master bus in FLS (as opposed to on a track where I get very noticeable latency)?

thanks

mark

It's probably because FLS buffers this latency correctly.  However, if you play instruments real-time CurveEQ may not be a suitable EQ choice because of latency.  It's actually the only limitation of having large latency in a plug-in.  During mixing or post production it's hardly a problem given host buffers this latency.

Got it .  Thanks.

mark

OK, you are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.