Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Future Release Wishes

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I'm using CurveEQ for digital room correction.  I'm aware that this usage is not the intended usage of this excellent tool.

I was pointed towards Voxengo by this thread "http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=63078" on diyaudio.com.

I must say that I'm really impressed by the sound quality.  CurveEQ has replaced my Behringer DEQ2496 hardware in my computer-based sound system.  There is absolutely no doubt that the sound is much more transparent and palpable now.

But still a few wishes remain to become able to use CurveEQ as a comprehensive tool for room analysis and correction.  Right now I'm using TrueRTA from TrueAudio ("http://www.trueaudio.com") for the analysis part.

What's left to be wished for a future release are the following features:

- A dual mono ability to equalize left and right channels in one instance of the plugin independently

- Frequency scale in the usual 50-20-100-etc. sequence (like in SPAN) and not 32-64-125-etc

- Calibration facilities including provision for microphone and house curve compensation files

Thanks

Norbert

Dual mono is planned for sure.

As for the freq scale - I think I'll add a switch for this since 32-64-125 are ISO frequencies which can be useful together with engineering (decades) representation.

I'm not sure I have understood your requirement for 'calibration facilities'.

Spectrum matching function is already available - I do not see what should be there additionally.

Thank you for your comment and interest!

Hi Aleksey,

thanks for you reply.  The first two points are actually the most important ones.

Yes you're right, the spectrum matching function could be used for calibration purposes if I would be able to load text files describing the target spectrums.

The mic calibration files and house curve files I currently use come in the following format:

frequency <tab> level in dB, e.g.

800 0

1000 0

1250 -0.482892142

1280 -0.534215715

1317.507 -0.596715941

A utility to convert those text files to your .CQS file format would easily do the job.

Best regards,

Norbert

OK, understood.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.