Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Equalizing each channel separately

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi, i`m new to this forum and have a question:

I attempt to use the equalizer as plugin in samplitude, but for equalizing my frequency response at the hearing-place, to kompensate room acoustics.

I meassure two different frequency responces at the hearing place for the left and the richt channel.

ist it possible to equalize each channel separately at the same time, to get a flat response?

regards,

Ralf

What VST host application are you using?

..as i wrote: Samplitude Professional 8.

I tested curveEQ as Samplitude VST-Plugin and it seems to work fine.

The only think i dont know is how to adjust each stereo channel separately.

Can i open the Plugin twice, the first Plugin with the right channel only and the second plugin with the left channel only?

Or do i need annother Host application? which one?

thanks,

Ralf

CurveEQ does not allow to edit EQ curves for L/R channels separately.

Maybe you can do that inside Samplitude using its routing capabilities?

Oh, I'm sorry.  I just scanned your text for any words with a capital letter... so I thought you didn't specify which host you're using.  It's really quite common that people don't read what you write. ;) ´

Anyway, you should be able to process left and right channels separately with something like Chainer or Energy XT

http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

http://www.xt-hq.com

Samplitude may be able to do it, but I don't know anything about it.

when CurveEQ does not allow to adjust each channel separately, what funktion do Buttons "left", "right" "mix" have?

i klicked on the Button "right" made my settings and then i mesured the frequency response of both channels. the result was, that the settings was set to both channels and not to the richt channel,only.???

why?

thanks

Ralf

'Left', 'Right', 'Mix' are spectrum display options, this does not affect equalizing.

Again, a bit more verbose texts could help avoid misunderstanding.  The label reads "Channel:", so I can easily relate to someone thinking it means the processed channel.  And those one-letter buttons aren't too clear either, although once you have used them, they become clearer.  Still, I must admit I never use the "V-5" "S-A" and gear-match stuff, because they make no sense to me, and I'd have to re-read the manual once again before clicking them.  So I don't use them.  The linear/minimum phase switch I do understand and remember, so I can use it. :) I bet there are lots more users who are under-using the capabilities of Voxengo's plugins.

Thanks for the comment on this, I hope to get these things sorted out in the future CurveEQ versions.

But how are you measuring the freq response of the room?
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First