Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Vintage, Saturation and Gear

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I thought I read somewhere that you can't use the Vintage, Tape Separation and Gear options all at the same time.  But I read through the forum and read the section of the help file and I can't find the info.

First, so Tape Saturation and Vintage work together?  It sounds like they do.  The Tape Saturation is a little stronger than I'd like but the resulting mix is a little less fatiging on the ears, so I guess it's a fair trade off.  This is the first time I've used the Tape Saturation.

Secondly, can I then add a gear option to this?  It doesn't sound right if I do.  I added a second instance of CurveEQ after the first to add the Gear sound and it was definetly better.

These questions are regards to mastering, not for individual tracks.

It is possible to use all these features at once.

Saturation and Vintage modes work in series: Vintage then Saturator.  EQ (and Gear options) is applied next.

So, it is not a problem to use all these features as long as it sounds right.

Thanks, I guess I didn't read that after all.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.