Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ curve eq ver.3!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

cheater: If you *just* shift the phase, you'd have what would essentially amount to te delay-part of an old-style parametric EQ (which would later get mixed with the original signal to create attenuation).  Do you think this would still create attenuation, if it isn't mixed with the original signal?

Large phase delay will change perceived frequency balance.  This is easy to understand: you are shifting some frequencies in time, and so, they will be heard with a delay.  Those frequencies that were not shifted will play earlier, and you'll hear the lack of delayed frequencies.  Of course, I'm speaking about considerable delays.

cheater: A scale of +-180 would be nice.  Of course, you can always ask yourself if people who like to really experiment with their music would benefit from more control.  But this isn't your general market, is it? ;)

Sure, I was always trying to create robust plug-in processes - not necessarily 'fantastic' ones.

Please, answer my question(previous post).

ildooss: Please, answer my question(previous post).

Sorry, I probably missed your post.  The reason CurveEQ is not enough precise in the lower frequency region is because CurveEQ's filter kernel is limited to 2048 samples.  So, it can't represent low-frequency EQ envelopes precisely - it can only follow some given shape, without additional dips and notches in it.  Such behavior is unavoidable, unfortunately - otherwise this will require a much longer filter kernel, and a lot higher processing latency.  This is not so good in most cases.  While I do plan to make latency switchable in the next CurveEQ version, this won't be too radical solution - frequencies like 50 Hz and lower will still be lacking some precision even at filter length of 8192 samples.

If you need greater low-frequency precision, linear-phase filters is not the most practical choice - you should try GlissEQ or similar equalizer, for example.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First