Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ VINTAGE MASTERING -> TAPE -> the orginal sound ...

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

HI!

i am involved intoo a little studio.  And we constantly trying to build up our studio for our needs.  Well i am excited about voxengo plugs and especially i like that *Tape B effect in the Preset called Vintage Mastering.  This Tape effect is what i am searching for since a few years now.  So i am very very interested about the orginal sound of tapes.  I like the way it smooth up the attacks of hard hitting audio

Could someone say something about this tape effect- where does it come from- how does it work- some technical background- do i need a tapemachine for the orginal sound? which one? ;)

Thank you !

Peter

Tapes are known for their complex smearing effect.  Indeed, Tape B gives some kind of tape coloration.  However, actual tapes apply various other effects (like saturation) which cannot be recreated by an equalizer alone.  So, if you have a tape machine nearby it is by all means better to use the real thing.

Well i don´t have a real tapemachine.  Thats why i am asking.

I guess it´s that smearing effect you described.  How would you compare the *tape b setting of curve EQ with a real Tapemachine?  Is this effect in your PlugIn Preset more noticeable than the effect on a real machine?

Well i am looking for a nice Tapemachine, but i don´t know what to buy.  Maybe you have any suggestions?  It should smear like hell ;)

thank you

peter

I do not really know what to suggest you.  In most cases a good hi-fi cassette deck will give you 'that' sound.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.