Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ OT: Sample rate conversion question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

In fact I could design a totally transparent peak limiter, with transition
time around 50 ms - such limiter cannot be heard given that peak values > do not go too far (and they won't).
As long as it could be optional for conversions to float format, that sounds excellent.  An auto-normalise function for 32/64 bit floats would be a useful feature anyway.

So how do current sample rate converters go from 96k to 44.1k?  Do they somehow bypass this long math?

Jesse

Jesse, yes, for example r8brain uses several optimizations.  I know that many call r8brain one of the best sample rate converter, but I believe that quality could be even higher if full resampling was used.

Aleksey -

Do you feel it is well worth it to record at the higher sample rate - or is 24 bit/44.1 fine?  Could you notice a big difference in the end result?

This depends on the quality of analog-digital conveters.  If it's well designed, I think a higher sample rate won't make much difference, but generally results should be better with higher sample rate digitally resampled to the working 44.1kHz.

So, it may be benefical to track at 96k or even 192k, but before doing any mixing convert the files to 44.1kHz.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First