Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Precise EQ Points

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi

I have owned CurveEQ since the early stages and am just now beginning to really appreciate the depth and utility of this plugin as I experiment.

I have one request that I believe would sincerely make the product better and I would love to use immediately.  On each of the control points, can you allow a precision of choosing the frequency?

I have done certain experiments and am finding gains precisely EQing frequencies...lets say 24593 or something for example.  If you allowed precision up to have a few decimal points, lets say 440.0003, or even a little less, I believe that would dramatically help the plugin and make it easier to design interesting intelligent presets, for sound effects and otherwise.  As it is, I have to draw everything in and I'd like to be able to click on the point and just enter a little menu for setting the basic position and then plus/minus gain.  And this would also allow a more precise adjustment of Q values by the precise locations of the points around it...

bringing much of the functionality of a traditional 5 band equalizer lets say, with a flexible scheme where you could even link bands together to keep a particular shape or frequency map...

u could perhaps even allow user code for frequency maps, so lets say its an algorithm like...if 4000K goes up, increase the Q at X rate...so as the user increases the gain, you could have the resonance increase

or even expand it or allowing varying curves as you go up....ones that bell out, ones that peak, various sorts of possibilities...

this would even allow the user of the plugin as a creative tool, by designing various filter modules that have response curves at different resonances...

Just some ideas late at night :)

Sincerely

Mike Andrew/Decon

decon@djmikeandrew.com

Thank you for those ideas!

As for manual freq entering, this may appear in the next major version of CurveEQ since it may require some major rewriting of CurveEQ's internals.

I'll consider implementing other ideas, too, but I'm unsure right now.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.