Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxformer beta 1.1

Beta version of Voxformer is available.  It's most useful new feature in my opinion is asymmetric compression modes.  More info is available in the manual (although, newer images are not there yet).  BTW, spectrum update speed has been increased.

Change list so far:

1.  Listen "Comp A" and "Comp B" options added.

2.  Comp B (when used in serial mode) was applied before Comp A.  This was fixed: Comp B will work after Comp A now.

3. "In" gain control added.  Using this control you can adjust any existing preset to suit the new program material you wish to apply this preset to.

4.  Presence module type switch added.  Now presence can be switched from the default "post" mode to the "pre" mode where it uses signal before it is fed into compressor, but mixes the output, like in the "post" mode, after compression takes place.

5. "Ratio" parameter has been removed from the De-esser set of controls.  Ratio now defaults to 7:1.  Previously created presets will use the original value (4:1, 5:1, whatever value you have originally used), but you would not be able to adjust it.

6.  Gate meter added.  It only shows the moments when gate is opening, this meter has no specific scale.

7.  A slight rearrangement of controls introduced.  Also, frequency scale labels under the equalizer screen were added.

8.  Asymmetric compression mode implemented.

https://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

Hello Aleksey,

What's new in the 1.1b version (compared to 1.1a) ?

Is it normal that after installing the beta version, i cannot use the 1.0 one ?  I use Tracktion as sequencer.

Thanks,

Xavier

How can you use v1.0?  Beta version replaces the original installation.  But I guess, in case of Voxformer, 'beta' suffix does not necessarily mean it has not been tested enough.

v1.1b features a couple of additional rearrangements: buttons now placed in a more logical way, gate meter bar enlarged.

Thanks for your reply...

I installed 1.1 in a different directory...  But loading 1.0 loads actually 1.1..

Not a problem because this 1.1 is VERY stable :-)

5. "Ratio" parameter has been removed from the De-esser set of controls. >Ratio now defaults to 7:1.  Previously created presets will use the original >value (4:1, 5:1, whatever value you have originally used), but you would >not be able to adjust it.
Oh that is too bad, I was using this control !  Why don't you expand the GUI and make it larger to fit more controls ? it is too bad to do controls sacrificies :-(

Erik.

OK, thanks for this notice.  I'll see what I can do.

Beta v1.1d is available. https://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

Some useful things were implemented:

* "Misc" control panel added.  This panel features several additional module controls.  De-esser's ratio control has been moved to this panel also.  Beside this you can also adjust the bandwidth (inverse Q) of de-esser's side-chain filter, presence module's filter and you can also define saturator module's bias which gives you control over the harmonic content.

* De-esser's gain reduction meter scale changed from 10 dB to 3 dB.

* Steepness of de-esser's filter increased.  This may require some minor fune-tuning of the existing presets.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:

* "Misc" control panel added.  This panel features several
additional module controls.  De-esser's ratio control has been
moved to this panel also.  Beside this you can also adjust the
bandwidth (inverse Q) of de-esser's side-chain filter, presence
module's filter and you can also define saturator module's bias
which gives you control over the harmonic content.
Thanks Aleksey !!!!  I'm so glad to see that you are taking the user input into account !  I can't wait to try it ;-)

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
* "Misc" control panel added.  This panel features several
additional module controls.  De-esser's ratio control has been
moved to this panel also.  Beside this you can also adjust the
bandwidth (inverse Q) of de-esser's side-chain filter,
presence
module's filter and you can also define saturator module's
bias
which gives you control over the harmonic content.
I've been very happy with the 1.1d.  I really like the new controls.

I remember you said that there is no space for in/out meters but I was wondering if some overload indicator would be possible (ideally for in + out) ?

Erik.

OK, I'll add small dB figures near the In and Out knobs.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.