Voxengo is happy to release version 2.6 of its Tube Amp plugin. Tube Amp is a free audio effect plug-in for professional music production applications that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes. The sound this plug-in produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion. Tube Amp is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plugin formats (including native 64-bit support), for macOS (v10.7 and later), and Windows computers.
Changes in version 2.6:
- Added ProTools 12+ AAX64 support.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Added 90%, 110%, 150%, 175% visual scales.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 15% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).
Tube Amp also includes a -6 dB/oct low-pass filter that is built-in into plug-in’s tube/valve modeling equation, and can be used to imitate a lower-quality tube triode. Beside that, Tube Amp has a switchable output saturation stage which can be used to additionally overdrive the output signal.
Tube Amp features all standard advanced Voxengo plug-in features like full multichannel operation, channel routing, built-in oversampling and other functions.
Tube Amp features:
- Asymmetric tube triode overdrive
- Two processing modes
- Additional output saturation stage
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Voxengo Tube Amp and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/tubeamp/