Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions AAX format

Last

Next

Previous

First

I used the search function and didn't find this asked before.

Pro Tools 11 and forward is going to be AAX-only.  If nobody makes a good VST-AAX wrapper, then that implies that Voxengo plugins won't function in those versions of Pro Tools.

Are these plugins going to be available in AAX?  If I bought a plugin now, and then an AAX version is released, would I be able to download that one at that time?

And yeah, it is a bit of a pain having to deal with different formats.  Whyever they don't just work with 64-bit VST ... but they don't.

While this is of no priority, native AAX support may appear in the future - can't tell when.

With all due respect Aleksey, I think it should be a priority for you as Pro Tools will become even more mainstream DAW (among project studios) pretty soon with the introduction of Pro Tools 11.

I work with Nuendo and Pro Tools and only thing keeps me away from Voxengo plugins (at work) is no RTAS/AAX compatibility.  Or the promise of it :)

I like Voxengo plugins a lot as VST though.

I hope you will seriously consider releasing AAX versions soon as this might be crucial for your business.

ilter: With all due respect Aleksey, I think it should be a priority for you as Pro Tools will become even more mainstream DAW (among project studios) pretty soon with the introduction of Pro Tools 11.

ilter: I work with Nuendo and Pro Tools and only thing keeps me away from Voxengo plugins (at work) is no RTAS/AAX compatibility.  Or the promise of it :)

ilter: I like Voxengo plugins a lot as VST though.

ilter: I hope you will seriously consider releasing AAX versions soon as this might be crucial for your business.

I concur.  I have recently spent a season in hell last month using Windows 8 on an ASUS Zenbook, beautiful computer, abominable OS.  I returned it before my 30 day trial expired.  It has inspired me to switch to a Mac, and while I was at it, I also switch to Pro Tools.  I'm liking both, a lot.

PS.  I have already purchased quite a few Voxengo plugs.  I'd hate to think I'd have to leave them behind.  They are so darn useful.

Agreed.  Even though I prefer Cubase 1000x over, there are times where I have to use pro tools.  I cannot live without the Gliss EQ :) It would be nice to have an AAX version and I believe since AVID is making it the only option in pt 11 it would be limiting to not at least convert at least your most popular plugs

Hey,

I have to proclaim!  I love SPAN, it's great, I love it and use it a lot.  In fact...the only reason I am not upgrading from PT10 to PT11 is because SPAN is not supported.  I completely endorse voxengo plugins, I think they're great!  Please could you turn SPAN into AAX?  I would pay money for it!  For me the slope is the key feature!

Kindest Regards

I have to agreed with the previous posts regarding the AAX format.  I do understand that it is more work to port all the Voxengo plugins across to AAX, but as we have all seen, the DAW developers are not standing still, Logic Pro X no longer supports 32 bit plugins and Protools 11 ditching RTAS etc.  I use a lot of the Voxengo plugins and they have become my go to plugins for mastering etc,

But in our business we have to move forward with technology and in this business, time is money.  By restricting your products , you are restricting your business.  From what I can see of your customer base they all praise your products and don't want to stop using them, but you maybe forcing them to move to use other plugins that will provide them with the future proof support they need.

To ignore change ,is to bury your head in the sand and the only one it will effect is you.

Enough preaching, looking forward to using your plugins in all my future work.

:-)

I have to agree.  I'd own nearly *all* of your plugins if they were AAX.  I've moved to PT, so I have no use for VST anymore.  It's a shame, really.  I really do enjoy these plugs when I demoed them...

Right now, many of my friends are looking for 64bit AAX plugins, and still, the choices are limited.

If you were fast enough, you could double your sales, Aleksey ;)

(and shhh, these are paying customers, not poor kids in their bedroom studios)

I have access to ProTools 11 releases, but unfortunately, ProTools works very unstably - probably in Native form at least.  It's quite hard to develop for it at the moment.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First