Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions CurveEQ comes with new Cubase 7

Really cool from Steinberg to add this great plugin to their new DAW.

I hope Aleksey got paid good for that :)

Yes, the deal was fine, the main interest being a wider audience for Voxengo plug-ins.

Out of interest, how will updates work?  Will they only be delivered via Cubase updates or is it possible for us to update to latest versions ourselves?

CurveEQ bundled with Cubase can be updated only via Cubase updates.  Mainly because it is a VST3 plug-in and because it uses Steinberg's licensing system.

Thought so, no worries.  Thanks Aleksey and congratulations, you certainly deserve further success and I hope this helps you achieve that! :)

VST3?

Is the VST3ized version of CurveEQ going to be available to the general public...or is it going to remain exclusively for Cubendo?

I do not plan to adopt VST3 generally.  So, it's exclusively for Cubendo.  Unfortunately, VST3 cannot be bundled together with VST2.4 in a single DLL.  Otherwise I could include VST3 support as well.  Distributing VST3 separately is not an option at the moment - it offers no practical benefits for the user.

Oh, this really is an incentive to go to Cubase 7 & 64 bit.

However I would then be missing Marquis and AFSuite, which do feature in almost any project I do.

VST3 offers some advantages...

You can use the same plugin Mono / Stereo / Surround...VST3 automatically adapts..

Also -> Side Chaining is built-in....

Then there's the CPU advantage....no processing when there is no audio present...

It's simply a case of adding the VST3 plugin to Common Files / Steinberg / VST3 folder....

Aleksey Vaneev: I do not plan to adopt VST3 generally.  So, it's exclusively for Cubendo.  Unfortunately, VST3 cannot be bundled together with VST2.4 in a single DLL.  Otherwise I could include VST3 support as well.  Distributing VST3 separately is not an option at the moment - it offers no practical benefits for the user.

Actually I much prefer VST3 plugins.  As katsis briefly (and perfectly) explained above, it has A LOT of benefits for some of us, mixing engineers.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.