Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Marvel GEQ linear-phase 16-band equalizer plugin released

Last

Next

Previous

First

Voxengo is pleased to announce the release of Marvel GEQ - freeware linear-phase 16-band graphic equalizer plugin with multi-channel operation support (supporting up to 8 input/output channels, audio host application-dependent).  Marvel GEQ offers extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and supports mid/side channel processing.  Marvel GEQ is available in AudioUnit and VST plugin formats, for Mac OS X (v.10.4.11 and later) and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) computers.

Voxengo Marvel GEQ 1.0 Screenshot

Marvel GEQ allows audio engineers and musicians to apply quick EQ shape adjustments, both to audio tracks and full mixes.  The linear-phase filtering offered by Marvel GEQ is suitable for equalization tasks where high quality and excellent sonic character are a must.

Marvel GEQ features:

• 16-band graphic equalizing
  • Freehand drawing mode
  • Linear-phase equalizing
  • +/- 12 dB gain range per band
  • Stereo and multi-channel processing
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Mid/side processing
  • 64-bit floating point processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages
  • All sample rates support
  • 9-millisecond processing latency

With the release of Marvel GEQ we have decided to discontinue previously available plug-in - EssEQ, since Marvel GEQ fully covers its functionality.  Marvel GEQ can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/marvelgeq/

Why no Oversampling available?

It's not required for this type of filter, oversampling does not add anything to it at all.  The filter shape is initially optimal and since no non-linear processing is taking place, oversampling is not required.

Cool, interesting :)

hey thanks man!

seems useful-easy very comfortable and fast .fun to draw! response is quite nice. kind of wysiwyg. anti bad sound ABS concept ;)

only thing about lows -everything under 100hz is shelf...

dont forget to make smth free and update old from time to time)

i dream about those colored analyzers moving up and down in span like in new glisseq :D

good luck!

macho: only thing about lows -everything under 100hz is shelf...

It's a short-coming of a limited-length impulse response.  It can't be avoided, at least not in Marvel GEQ which uses quite a short impulse response (about 500 samples long).

Delay compensation is off by one sample.  I tried in Sonar X1a and Adobe Audition 3.0.1.  It will delay the signal by one sample when enabled.  When I enable bypass on the plugin, delay compensation is correct.

tarsier: Delay compensation is off by one sample.  I tried in Sonar X1a and Adobe Audition 3.0.1.  It will delay the signal by one sample when enabled.  When I enable bypass on the plugin, delay compensation is correct.

You are right, thanks for noticing this issue.

Why do you state processing latency in milliseconds?  In this case you also should mention the samplerate I guess.  Or better: state it in "samples" ...

Dandruff: Why do you state processing latency in milliseconds?  In this case you also should mention the samplerate I guess.  Or better: state it in ''samples'' ...

Simply because the latency differs with sample rate.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First