Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Elephant 3.3 released

Last

Next

Previous

First

Voxengo Elephant update version 3.3 is now available for download.  Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista computers.

Version 3.3 update includes the following changes:

• "Radial" knob mode can be now disabled completely.
  • "Off-Line Render" indication added.
  • Global level metering parameters added.
  • A/B switch visual appearance changed.
  • Knob read-outs now require a single click for keyboard entry.
  • Occasional crashes in WaveLab and other hosts fixed.
  • Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.

Voxengo Elephant 3.3 Screenshot

Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools.  Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.  Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.

Elephant features:

• Transparent signal limiting action
  • 10 predefined limiter modes
  • Limiter mode editor
  • Optional release stage
  • Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
  • DC offset removal filter
  • Multi-channel processing
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
  • 64-bit floating point processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages

Voxengo Elephant is available on-line for USD 89.95.  Voxengo Elephant demo can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/

Thanks!

You are welcome :-)

what is the global level metering ?

Well, I've probably called it incorrectly.  I meant level metering parameters (integration time, release time, peak hold time) that affect all instances of Elephant.

I would like to be able to recalibrate the K20 meter.  Now it goes to +24 dB, and has no clear indication at +20 dB.  Also a peak headroom memory and a RMS headroom value would be handy.

Why do you need a "clear indication at +20 dB"?  When you went above +4 dB you are already at a dangerous levels.

Peak hold and release time can be changed in the Settings window.

Clearly we are not understanding each other correctly.

In the K20 scale +20dB corresponds to 0 dBFS.  Your K20 scale goes to +24, with no clear marker at +20.  This makes it more difficult to aim at peaks of +20 dB without hitting the limiter too much (for classical material).

I do not see any reason why +4 dB is dangerous (peak, RMS I would kindof agree), this leaves 16 dB of headroom.

Will a peak meter turning red suffice (white when it's below +20), or do you want to see +20 as a highest mark on the level meter? (I do not really want to see +20 on the level meter as it is not divisible by 6 - while 6 is a cornerstone figure for decibel scale.

Well, to make it clear, I'm not really satisfied with K metering - it is full of "stuff" not really reasonable like biasing calibration where 0 dBFS peaking sine-wave's RMS stays at 0 dBFS - if we are measuring loudness, 0 dBFS sinewave's power is -3 dBFS, NOT 0 dBFS as per K metering.  Absence of 6 dB steps awareness in K metering is also very problematic, together with non-linear metering requirement.  Sounds like single mastering engineer's preference wanting to become a standard - not really cool in by book.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First