Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Portable Plugins

Last

Next

Previous

First

Tested -> works fine!  Thanks!

OK, you are welcome!

I registered especially for this thread :)

That's the reason why I don't buy commercial products anymore (ok, i also have pretty much all i need, but a good harmonizer).

The way they do thing is just disgusting, they store your presets in %appdata%, store preferences in the registry, store "confidential" stuff somewhere else, lets not even talk about those who use both %alluser% and %currentuser%, and common files and other bulls**t.

It seems they absolutely want things to be out of user's control.

I know M$ guidelines and they s*ck.

It's like they think you'll never have to re-install their os, or test another one.

I only have portable applications on my pc, but I have to create nsis launchers for everything.

I can format my pc (which I barely do today, thanks to ghosting), I recently tested windows 7, I didn't have to do anything, all my firefox bookmarks, cookies, all of my programs including music etc were working as is, no need to re-install anything.

But I know, Im doing all wrong, the good way is to scatter the sh*t everywhere.

I understand the problems of preferences storage.  But it's how Windows works - the "appdata" folder is the most safe and least troublesome storage available I think.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First