Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Overtone GEQ 1.5 released

Aleksey,

could you implement fine-tuning (CTRL+Mousewheel) on all sliders and knobs in your new plugins?

Fine-tuning is already available, via SHIFT key, but for mouse-wheel it's hardly possible due to limitations of OS - it does not tell whether or not control keys are pressed when mouse-wheel event is sent to application.

ok. i know that it's already possible via SHIFT+Drag. just wanted this for the mouswheel too ;)

Aleksey,

in your new plugins, why is there always the lower ~32bits used even when no processing (or when bypassed via internal "Bypass" button) is done?  Something to prevent denormals?

I've tested it with Schwa's Bitter plugin (inserted after your plugins): http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=33

Yes, of course, it's done to prevent denormals.

ok, i thought this. and this is even needed when bypassing the plugin (via the plugin's own bypass button)?

Dandruff: ok, i thought this. and this is even needed when bypassing the plugin (via the plugin's own bypass button)?

It's simply added at the very start of the signal path.  I do not see how this noise is problematic when present even in Bypass.  Beside that there are no good ways exist to prevent denormals - noise is about the only musical way to do this.  E.g. resetting numbers below some threshold to zero is worse.  While a slight biasing works with positive signals only (internal) - I'm using this technique as well.

I see your nickname "Dandruff" means something? :) I'm using Vichy Laboratories' Dercos ;)

Aleksey Vaneev: It's simply added at the very start of the signal path.  I do not see how this noise is problematic when present even in Bypass.  Beside that there are no good ways exist to prevent denormals - noise is about the only musical way to do this.  E.g. resetting numbers below some threshold to zero is worse.  While a slight biasing works with positive signals only (internal) - I'm using this technique as well.

ok, just always want to know a bit about such things. i don't see a problem with this either (as long as it doesn't hurt performance) ...

Aleksey Vaneev: I see your nickname ''Dandruff'' means something? :) I'm using Vichy Laboratories' Dercos ;)

;)

Basically I'm dandruff free now :)

Fine, I didn't meant a literal dandruff. :)

Hey !  Aleskey.... there is an update for the Quicktime, if anybody is running MSOS and QB4 ...this across the table help will make any Overclocker cool as a milkshake.  John J Krupinski
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.