Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Sound Delay 1.0 released

Last

Next

Previous

First

Voxengo presents you a new AudioUnit and VST audio plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X computers.  Voxengo Sound Delay is an auxiliary multi-channel signal delaying plug-in for professional audio applications.

In Sound Delay, you may specify delay time in both milliseconds and samples, with a high level of precision.  This plug-in - being technical - provides a basic signal delaying function only, without signal feedback or modulation capabilities.

Sound Delay also features internal mid/side encoding and decoding, and allows you to delay mid and side channels independently.

Voxengo Sound Delay 1.0 Screenshot

Sound Delay features:

• Sample-accurate delaying
  • Millisecond-accurate delaying
  • Up to 3 seconds overall delay
  • Multi-channel processing
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Mid/side processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages

Sound Delay plug-in replaces both Audio Delay and Sample Delay plug-ins previously available from Voxengo.

Sound Delay is free for commercial and non-commercial use, subject to its license agreement.  Sound Delay can be downloaded from the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/

Hi Aleksey -

As you know I have had a lot og stability issues with your latest series of plugins on my PC [Athlon 64 Gigabyte MB + Matrox G550 machine]

It has always started out as graphic issues but usually ends up as a system collapse.

I just tried the new Sound Delay plugin and no graphic issues were seen [no crippled bits of the plugins GUI showing up elsewhere on the screen].  For a moment I was very pleased and optimistic.

But then after about 5 minutes of testing, the "Blue Screen of Death" showed up and terminated my system.

Such a pity that your new plugs simply won't work on my computer...!?!

[I have loads of other plugins including more than 20 Voxengo plugins, no issues of this kind with any of them]

Regards,

Mads

As we have already discussed this, I have to repeat that nobody beside you reported such problem so far.  So, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your hardware configuration.  I know, it sounds disappointing, but hardware sometimes is also responsible for crashes.

I'm mostly certain that plug-in cannot cause a BSOD - latest Windows versions use good enough protection mechanisms - I do not have BSODs even in the worst software debugging scenarios.

What can be real is that plug-in creates some software execution "combination" that reveals problems in software (mainly drivers for graphics, audio, motherboard, etc)/hardware (mainly memory, or harddisk failure).  I had a couple of similar 'strange crash' reports in the past with previous Voxengo plug-in versions: to my knowledge, they were fixed after some hardware upgrade.

Since you are constantly getting some graphics weirdness before the crash, it is very probable that graphics drivers are causing this problem.  If you have some spare time you could try replacing your graphics card with another one - NVidia- or ATI-based should be good to try.

Aleksey,

many thanks for this new freebie!

But why do we need oversampling options on such simple delay?  Isn't this useless here?

Dandruff: But why do we need oversampling options on such simple delay?  Isn't this useless here?

You are probably right - but it was simpler to leave it as it is.  Anyway, I do not see a problem with its availability.

First bugs I've found:

1.  Go to "Global Voxengo plug-in settings" and twiddle the "Mouse Wheel Precision" slider with the right mouse button.  At some point the mouse pointer will "stick" to the slider.  Then press the left mouse button and the whole mouse pointer disappears completely.  No way to get it back other than restarting the host :(

2.  When having the "Mouse Wheel Precision" set to "max", the "Audio Delay" and "Sample Delay" knobs don't move anymore when using the mousewheel!  The "Out" knob still works.

Tested in Reaper 2.301

Then some feature requests:

1.  Can we have the good old mode from the "old" plugins where we could use left mouse button + right mouse button at the same time to fine tune a knob/slider?

2.  In the "Global Voxengo plug-in settings" we should be able to reset the sliders to their default values by doubleclicking them!

And then a problem specific to Reaper I think:

Your Undo/Redo system doesn't work properly together with Reaper's own Undo/Redo system.

-> load the plugin into Reaper

-> twiddle a knob

-> then in Reaper go to "Edit" (menu) and select "Undo FX Parameter Adjustment"

=> now the GUI of your new plugins doesn't reflect that properly.  You still see the Undo button in this case.  So this is really confusing!

Is there any way to "sync" Reaper's Undo/Redo system with your system?  If not, would it be possible to give us an global option to disable the Undo/Redo system in your plugins (or disable it automatically if Reaper is detected as host)?

Many thanks again!

Dandruff: But why do we need oversampling options on such simple delay?  Isn't this useless here?

Aleksey Vaneev: You are probably right - but it was simpler to leave it as it is.  Anyway, I do not see a problem with its availability.

Mmh, but in this case isn't it even "bad" for the sound to use oversampling?  So unless it doesn't give any advantages, I really would suggest to remove this option here.

Thanks for problem report.

1.  Slider problem was already fixed - will be available in the next update.

2.  This problem will be fixed as well.

3.  LMB+RMB precise changes will be implemented later.

4.  Slider reset will be implemented.

There is no way to 'sync' undo/redo with Reaper as there is no protocol for this available.  You have to decide which one to use.  I suggest you to use Voxengo plug-in's undo system because it is more thorough as it logs all changes (e.g. including instance name changes).

I'm also going to remove the oversampling option in Sound Delay.

Aleksey Vaneev: There is no way to 'sync' undo/redo with Reaper as there is no protocol for this available.  You have to decide which one to use.  I suggest you to use Voxengo plug-in's undo system because it is more thorough as it logs all changes (e.g. including instance name changes).

No way to give us an option to disable the Undo/Redo system in your plugins to prevent this display mismatch?

Thanks for all other things!

One more feature request for Sound Delay:

It would be great to tweak all groups the same time with the CTRL modifier as it is possible in Overtone GEQ!  Any chance for this?

I do not see a reason to have disable undo/redo option in Voxengo plug-ins: simply do not use this functionality.

As for the CTRL modifier, I think it is not very convenient.  In Overtone GEQ you see the underlay and it makes it somehow convenient.  But anyway, even in Overtone GEQ it's not very intuitive.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First