Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo r8brain PRO 1.4 released

A version update 1.4 for r8brain PRO is now available for download. r8brain PRO is a professional sample rate converter that offers a high-quality sample rate conversion (resampling).

This version update features command line conversion support.  Now r8brain PRO can read broadcast wave extension data from the CVS-formatted text file.  Dithering has been re-implemented: now r8brain PRO uses a common 2LSB TPDF dithering method.

For your information, r8brain PRO implements sample rate conversion process in its full: interpolation and decimation steps without exploiting any kind of simplifications.  You also have an option of using the minimum-phase conversion mode, which brings SRC with true analog qualities.

r8brain PRO features:

• Reads 8-, 16-, 24-, 32-bit PCM and IEEE files
  • Reads both WAV and AIFF files
  • Writes 16-, 24-, 32-bit PCM and IEEE WAV files
  • Multi-channel file support
  • Extensible wave format support
  • EBU BWF extensions support
  • Linear- and minimum-phase modes
  • Ultra-steep conversion mode
  • Batch support
  • Automatic normalization
  • Supports all standard sample rates

For more information and pro audio software downloads please visit the Voxengo website: https://www.voxengo.com

Aleksey, why don't you put your newly created dither in R8Brain Pro?

This dithering method is still in the development.

When it is threw developing will we be fortunate to have it in R8Brain Pro aswell?

I can't say right now when I will be able to include it into r8brain PRO.  Moreover, I do not plan to include it into r8brain PRO at this moment for the reasons mentioned in the r8brain PRO's user manual: sample rate conversion creates overshoots that go over 0 dBFS and thus may introduce distortion.

Aleksey Vaneev: I do not plan to include it into r8brain PRO at this moment for the reasons mentioned in the r8brain PRO's user manual: sample rate conversion creates overshoots that go over 0 dBFS and thus may introduce distortion.

Ah, ok i understand!

One correction: overshoots *may* go over 0 dBFS - not that they are always go over 0 dBFS.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.