Voxengo Voxformer 2.4 vocal channel strip plugin released - Press Release
Apr 21, 2010: Voxengo Voxformer version 2.4 update is now available for download. Voxformer is a multi-functional vocal channel strip plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
Version 2.4 update implements the following changes:
- "Ctrl+Drag" narrow band sweeping implemented.
- DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
- Smoothed spectrum display implemented.
- Secondary spectrum display implemented.
- Spectrum's block size does not affect vertical spectrum's position now.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor. Using only a single knob, you can get a tight, open and definitive professional vocal sound with an excellent articulation in no time. You do not have to worry about common ratio and make-up gain controls since they are automatically selected by the advanced compression algorithm while attack and release parameters are stored in a mode preset. Moreover, Voxformer features two compressors of this type, allowing you to apply either a two-band or a two-stage (serial) vocal compression.
- Two built-in vocal compressors
- Two-band compressor operation
- Asymmetric compression
- 5-band equalizer
- Real-time FFT spectrum analyzer
- Noise gate (de-breath) module
- De-esser module
- Presence boosting module
- Saturation module
- Residue listening mode
- Multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
Voxformer is available for purchase on-line for USD 79.95. Demo version of Voxengo Voxformer and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/